*** INFOS ***
Futuristic Brussels based four-piece ECHT! are set to release their sophomore album ‘Sink-Along’ on the 5th May via the groove-obsessed Sdban Ultra label. Receiving critical acclaim from the likes of Gilles Peterson (BBC Radio 6 Music) and Mixmag for their debut release ‘INWANE’ (2021), ECHT! takes the best of Jonwayne, DJ Rashad, J Dilla, Ivy Lab, Tsuruda and Aphex Twin, resulting in an unrivalled sound.
In a society geared almost exclusively toward the technological, ECHT! forges a different path, one that instead replaces the mechanical with the human. At the heart of their creative process made up of actual skin and bone, the influences of trap, bass music, jazz and hip-hop burst forth through their expert playing of instruments.
‘Sink-Along’ showcases a rawer and more straight-forward approach than their debut. Whether on the bass-heavy opener ‘Glide’ or the beat-to-beat sounds of ‘Cheesecake’ and ‘Bryan Brains’, ECHT! confirms its taste for deep, dark beats pushed to the extreme. No one can remain indifferent. A more luminous universe is brought to the fore on the introspective ‘Vault-A’ and ‘Dawn In Duden’ but at the core of ‘Sink-Along’, the common denominator is a warm and organic groove, evident on the inventive ‘Rouf-rouf’ and ‘Mtwk part2’. « For this album we wanted to make strong and opposite emotions coexist: a dark and intense apocalyptic tendency, and a life and dance impulse that runs through everything. A paradox that is reflected in the wordplay of the title ‘Sink-Along’. »
Releasing their debut EP ‘DOUF’ in 2019, the following year, ECHT! finished third in Red Bull Elektropedia’s ‘Fresh on The Scene’ category and the EP was nominated for ‘Best EP’. ECHT! released three sublime live studio sessions titled the BREWmixes in 2021, which received support from tastemakers including LEFTO, Worldwide FM and Belgian national radio station Studio Brussel (StuBru). Their debut album ‘INWANE’ soon followed.
Echt means ‘vrai de vrai’ – ‘true’ or ‘real’ in brusseleir (Brabantian dialect of Brussels). The name is a direct reference to the fact that their sound transmission is ‘real’, performed with conventional musical instruments as opposed to computer music which the production might suggest. It also relates to the fact that none of the members of the band are originally from Brussels – bassist Federico Pecoraro is from Italy, keyboardist Dorian Dumont is from France and drummer Martin Méreau and guitarist Florent Jeunieaux are both from the Mons region on Belgium.
*** Track ID***
1. ブート – Macintosh Plus – Beer On The Rug
2. Requiem Pour Un Con (Instrumental) – Gainsbourg,Colombier – Wewantsounds
3. THROTTLE – Mr. Carmack – Forward Thinkers Group
4. So Far To Go – J Dilla, Common, D’Angelo – BBE Music
5. Microwave – Ivy Lab – Twenty Twenty London Recordings
6. Oh Fish – Sumgii – pewpewbaumbaum
7. Contigo – Onhel – DUPLOC
8. Rumble – Skrillex, Fred again.., Flowdan – OWSLA/Atlantic Recording Corporation
9. Rouf-rouf – ECHT! – Sdban Ultra / N.E.W.S.
10. Dead Signal – Ivy Lab , Manni Dee – Twenty Twenty London Recordings
11. Chitty Bang – Leikeli47 – Hardcover LLC & RCA Records
12. A2C2I2D – G Jones – Illusory Records
13. Dubby – DJ Spinn, DJ Rashad, Danny Brown – Hyperdub
14. SeeSea – Machinedrum – Ninja Tune
15. Get Hot G Jones Remix – Chee, Noclu, G Jones – Saturate Records
16. Dirty Fucker – Luke Vibert – Planet Mu Records Ltd.
17. Freak – Yoofee – White Peach
18. iKea Summers – Jabes – Treehouse
19. Attachment Style – KAVARI – aya garden ***
20. That’s Life – Frank Sinatra – Frank Sinatra Enterprises, LLC